I help education groups develop communications strategies that advance their mission and goals. I bring the knowledge, experience, and expertise that you can trust. I am skilled in bringing a wide variety of complicated and industry-specific information to a general audience in language that inspires them to act.
Work With Me
Don’t let your hard work and accomplishments become less visible because you are lacking an effective communications strategy.
Understanding College is guided by three principles:
- College-going must become more equitable through more transparency and more information for more students;
- Advice and resources are grounded in reputable, data-informed sources, not sponsored content;
- The student's best interests for college access and success are the priority
Here’s what you can expect:
Here are ways that you can work with me while also supporting greater college equity:
This package is intended to provide targeted advice on the college search and selection process; it is not intended to substitute for intensive one-on-one private college counseling services.
- Four 45-minute sessions via phone, web/video call or in-person in the Madison area.
- Access to the Toolkit: worksheets, college suggestion lists, information on paying for college, insider tips on best practices.
- Weekly e-newsletter: 10 issues
- Plus, 60 minutes' worth of time focused on what you need most; for example:
- Discussion & review of the college worksheet process;
- Research time--you provide the college questions and I research & provide the answers;
- College essay review;
*$40 of each package booking will be donated to Fair Opportunity Project, a national nonprofit dedicated to EMPOWERING STUDENTS TO ACCESS AND AFFORD COLLEGE. I am working with Fair Opportunity Project to advance their mission and impact.
A weekly newsletter with in-depth discussion of college admission trends, college selection advice, and college profiles delivered to your email in box.
- Three month subscription: $30
- Six month subscription: $50
- Annual subscription: $80
With each annual subscription a subscription match will be provided to one Fair Opportunity Project partner school or college access organization
This weekly newsletter will be available to every enrolled student through direct email distribution or PDF downloadable copy through the counselor website. Cost is based on school size and subscription length. Let's get in touch and talk about what's possible.
For a community organization, college access group, or 501c3 nonprofit organization. Workshops can be customized to group interest and size. Workshops will include hands-on activities, resource information, and facilitators with a variety of college expertise.
Workshops can range from 30 minutes to 2 hours in length. Costs begin at $100.
- Basic Steps in the College Search
- Specific Ways You can Make College Affordable
- Navigating the College Campus: Fitting In, Connecting, and Succeeding
- Bridging College with Career Opportunities
- Other topics can be developed on request
Fair Opportunity Project (FOP) is a new, national nonprofit organization with a mission to empower more students to access and afford college. FOP distributes a comprehensive, free college admissions guide to schools in underserved communities, particularly rural areas. I am collaborating with co-founders and college students Cole Scanlon and Luke Heine on expanding the organization's reach and impact.